Channel changing works. For future reference here is the script I used:
irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e ‘s/./& /g’); do
irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
sleep 0.5 # tweak the delay if needed
irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME OK
I named it change_chan.sh and put it in /usr/local/bin. In MythTV under input connections you set the external change command to the path of the script with the name. The wording they used to describe it was confusing, but I got it.
Everything seems to work. However! I get a black screen whenever I go to watch TV. I see the screen overlays, and the cable box changes correctly, but there is a black screen. After class tonight I need to figure out how to capture a test image off the piece of shit.
As far as other services go, I got the other drives in, samba working with a guest account, and KTorrent sucks balls. It takes too many clicks to get to useful information. All this shitty apps make it abundantly aware that nobody listens to UI designers in the Linux world. I mean seriously. This is Linux. I want a torrent client that runs as a service and uses a Web UI frontend. Not a shitty web ui like KTorrents, hopefully more along the lines of uTorrent, although that one still needs work. I may try Vuze tonight simply because it sort of makes sense.
Soooo things to do yet:
- Fix black screen
- Run mythbackend as a service
- Test the storage through a reboot
- Find a better torrent setup
Pain in the ass. Oh, and the VNC server sucks.